Sunday, June 27, 2010

Super Sheltie!!!!!

No this isn't DogHound, but it involves a playful sheltie like DogHound, a giggling toddler, and doggie kisses. In case it doesn't link directly to the video if you go to the search bar the title is "Get excited!" You could also search using sheltie.

Sadly DogHound is having real trouble moving around now. Someone has to lift him up to get over a step, his rear legs are so weak now he can't stand up very long. His legs also get criss-crossed far too easily, and sometimes he really can't get up. I love the video because it is fun to watch, it does remind me of how DogHound used to be, but it also fills me with great sadness. I know DogHound has been with us about 10 months longer than we expected, yet every new and unexpected day has to run out eventually. My parents long ago said if he can't move it would be time one last trip to the vet. They don't wan't DogHound to be in pain and have no quality of life. I can understand that, but if DogHound is to finally leave us I want it to be going to sleep on his favorite blanket, next to a fan instead of a cold examination room.

My little furbuddy has been a faithful companion for nearly 14 years. I'm not married. I don't have a girlfriend. I don't have any children. Most of my friends are married, have families, and involved with them on a daily basis so we don't see each other often. I work far too much in a job filled with miserable people and situations, and it permeates my entire life. DogHound has been the one soul who just brightens up when I enter a room, loves me, and listens to my problems with a sparkle in his brown eyes and wag of his tail. DogHound possess the one property I seem to have lost in myself: the ability to make me happy and feel better at any moment.

Hold onto the light little buddy for as long as you can. Without your light I don't know if there is any left around here.

No comments: