Sunday, June 13, 2010

Quit Blowing The Damn Horn!

A tornado siren is across the street from my home. When we get some pretty bad weather it goes off alerting those outside to get inside and seek shelter. It has been going off for a few minutes now. I'm not certain why. The rain isn't too bad and a quick look at the weather radar indicates there is a nasty storm quite a bit to the south of here but it is heading straight east.

I thought Big City had upgraded the sirens to be more locational, but perhaps if you fire one up you have to fire all of them up. The sky is lighting up pretty frequently with lightning that jumps from cloud to cloud. It is very pretty and the weather people on TV are saying the storms are strong, but no indications of tornadoes. I hope the people to the south are okay, but seriously can someone just turn off the siren across the street?

No comments: