Me: Why is the court making us do their work?
Clerk: Because they can?
Me: This job sucks enough when we have to do our stuff, but doing the court staff's work will make it impossible.
Clerk: I don't know when they stopped doing their job.
Me: Someone needs to go up there and remind them that they can't do our job and we can't do their job. Court stuff needs to be handled by court staff. If the guy I'm having a hearing against is calling for a continuance the staff should explain how to do it. It isn't legal advice. We don't represent them and I'm not going to do the work for opposing parties. Just because someone is pro se doesn't mean they can't ask for a continuance or petition for a hearing on some issue! Staff sure as hell shouldn't ask us to do it for them.
Clerk: You want to go ahead and tell them. Go right ahead.
Me: If I could figure out a way to do with without stepping on their territorial landmines I will. Maybe we can sucker the Boss into doing it.
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment