Thursday, February 05, 2009

I Want My DTV!

Actually I'm still using my old Sony 27 inch TV so I won't see too much picture improvement when broadcasters switch to digital TV. Still the Fabulously Gay Roommate and I got the digital converter box for our cable subscription about 6 months ago. Why did we get the box? Because broadcasters have been telling the American people they needed to make the switch over a year ago.

So I'm not feeling sorry for the people who hasn't got some converter box or bought a new TV. They've had a year or two to get ready. It wasn't like the switch to digital was sneaking up on anyone. If you know a hurricane is coming and you don't do anything about it then you're an idiot. I just don't feel sorry for idiots.

Does Congress honestly think the idiots that aren't ready in February will be any more ready in 4 months? I hope a lot of TVs go to static when the conversion does happen. It might force people to read a book or talk to their spouses and children.

No comments: