The Fabulously Gay Roommate found a job! He starts tomorrow. FGR is disappointed in that the job "is a lateral move" and very similar to his last job. I explained he's been unemployed for at least 6-7 months and he's really moving up in the world by simply having a job in his field. At worse he's holding steady and in this economy that is saying something.
Sometimes I wonder about his perspective on things. He seems rather disappointed.
In some ways I sympathize with him. I recall losing a job with one contract firm. A few months later another contract firm signed me up for the same position I was let go from, for worse hours and less money. I was happy for the money and the employment, but I knew I was going to loathe the situation. I don't know. My experience was a 3 month layoff in a mediocre economy. FGR has been out of work since June or July of last year in the worst economy since the Great Depression. Hell it took me 2 years to find work in MY NEW FIELD after I graduated!!! Perhaps he didn't hit near rock bottom like I did and doesn't realize how lucky he is. The young do lack experience.
Oh well. He'll figure it out eventually. Sometimes the only goal is to have a paycheck. In a year or two both of us can move up the job chain.
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment