Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weird And Creepy People.

Incident #1: Okay this is as much a reflection of how pathetic my social life is. It's Saturday night and to kill some time I'm at a bookstore reading magazines. I pick up some magazines and purchase my token root beer as an offering to the fine establishment for letting me kill a few hours with their inventory.

I see the subject in question. He's a white male, approximately 25-35 years old, and he has the odd circular head movement that combined with this huge grin and eyes popping out of his skill indicate to me that he is enjoying himself. The extreme outward enjoyment is odd to me and then I notice what he is reading: Short Hair. His entire stack of magazines are Vogue, YM, and other female teen/young lady oriented mags. The subject keeping going to that section of the magazine rack and pulls those type of magazines to his table where he obviously enjoys looking at them. I can't think of a reason why a guy would be reading those magazines, and I definitely can't think of why a man reading such magazines would be obviously enjoying himself to that extent. My conclusion was simple: pedophile.

I suspect I'll watch the news in a few years and see this guy's photo pop up with the caption, "Police Catch Suspected Pedophile In Internet Sting." If only I could somehow get his name or license plate so I can ask some police friends to run that information and prevent any future bad things I suspect this dork to do.

Oh how my life has become so suspicious and judgmental of other. On the other hand can anyone else explain this weird behavior?

Incident #2: The Fabulously Gay Roommate didn't come home last night. He often spends the weekends with his significant other. I knew FGR had to work today. He sometimes has the weekend shift. I figured he would spend the night at sig other's and just go to work from there. He had his overnight bag so why waste coming here to go to work. At 6:00 a.m. I hear something and wake up slightly. I only have about 15 to 20 neurons firing but I'm trying to wake up and think what is going on. Did FGR come home for some reason?

I see my bedroom door open and it is the sig other. Somehow I mumble, "hey" and sig other closes my bedroom door. In 0.3 seconds my brain finally fires up and I have the thought: Well that was odd. Why did he open up my bedroom door? Hold on, why did he OPEN MY BEDROOM DOOR!!! Am I wrong to think that a good social rule to follow, regardless of if you're male, female, straight, gay, bi, or a polka-dot lover, is: IF SOMEONE'S BEDROOM DOOR IS CLOSED YOU DON'T OPEN IT!

Traditionally you should knock on the door, asking if the individual is awake; therefore, awakening the individual. At that point the annoyed and groggy individual can say come in. The Supreme Court says we have the greatest expectation of privacy in the bedroom and I certainly want to claim that privilege! Even if the privacy is protecting the fact I'm asleep.

I admit this incident isn't the end of the world or something to have a shouting match over, but I find it quite annoying. Am I overreacting by being a bit perturbed?

Speaking of bed it is time for me to sleep. Good night all. I hope your bedroom door stays closed unless you want it want someone to come through it.

6-30-2008 Update:

Now I have an explanation for my roommate and sig other's odd behavior yesterday morning. Alcohol and way too much of it. It appears they were hammered from too much liquor. I don't know why I didn't think of booze before hand! To quote the roomie, "Jager, it seemed like a good idea at the time!"

No comments: