Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Can't Get There From Here.

It's been a long day in Small Town. I get on the highway and within a few minutes stop. What's the cause of the hold up? I have no idea and the radio isn't giving me any useful information. I do a u-turn and figure I'll take some backroads to bypass the mess and go home. I don't know the backroads at all, but I figure I can navigate by the sun.

After 15-20 minutes on the twisty, narrow, sunny, shady, and partially washed out roads I ended up exactly where I started. I have NO IDEA how I ended up in a loop, but some of those roads curved all over the place.

A second highway out of Small Town will get me to Big City; however, it takes me to the wrong side of town. It also has some severe construction on it and the back ups have proven most frustrating. I decided to take the long way around. It would take me over 10 extra miles and through another small town, but at least I would be going in the right direction. Sort of the right direction. At least this highway is well marked and I know it goes somewhere useful.

I'll admit is was a nice drive. The temps had dropped, and several caravans of Harleys were on the road. The highway had quite a few curves so I had to downshift and drive the road a bit. It's just a shame it took 3 hours to get home!

No comments: