I don't have time to truly get into the topic, but here are my thoughts in a nutshell. America needs an auto industry. America can build the best cars in the world. Car companies and unions were truly symbiotic parasites with each other. Stubborn pride and a failure to realize some must be sacrificed for the rest to survive has led GM and Chrysler to this spot (workers, brands, dealers). Bad marketing allowed these companies to focus on some products but not others (SUV and trucks over cars). While GM has interesting product in the pipeline, Chrysler was gutted by their former Mercedes overlords.
I hope GM, Chrysler, and Ford can pull through this. Ford hasn't asked for public money yet, but what affects one will affect all. I want my Chevy Camaros, Ford Fusions, Chrysler 300s, Caddy CTSes, next generation Ford Focuses and Fiestas, Pontiac G8s, Ford Mustangs, and the king of the hill Chevy Corvette!
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment