Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Unforgiveable Sin

2 weeks ago I missed Battlestar Galactica. I was out of town on a road trip. Sure I've missed a Friday night here or there, but I could always count on my parents to record it. I was always caught up before watching a new episode. Last Friday I planned to catch up on what I missed before the new episode to be shown. Ye olde Digital Video Recorder was missing. It self-destructed my parents said.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is safe to say BSG is one of the few shows that lasted more than a season that I've watched every episode from start to finish in order. Babylon 5 was the only other one I can think of. My streak was about to end. The old girl was tearing herself apart, Boomer was escaping with Hera, and I was missing out. With all my loyalty to the series it was unforgivable that I missed the episode.

So I caught last week's episode and was treated to pure garbage. The first of the three part series finale and it was pure garbage. 30 minutes of flashbacks. Whose bright idea was that? Shouldn't the writers be resolving storylines? Shouldn't the writers be setting up the final battle? Shouldn't the writers be showing the grit and resolve of the main characters?

Nope we got flapping pigeons in a skylight, a baby shower, and Baltar's father calling Baltar a git. What was the point!!!!!!! I've had BSG episodes that weren't as good as others, but this was the first time an episode bored me. Perhaps that episode set up the other two for the series finale. I'll find out this Friday when Sci-Fi shows them. Even if true an episode needs to stand alone enough to not be boring. The writers and producers failed in that respect. How unforgivable that is to me.

PS: Luckily Sci-Fi has the episode I missed online. It was awesome!!!! Why did that level of awesomeness continue?

No comments: