Wednesday, March 18, 2009

They Get What They Deserve.

*right before the hearing begins*

Me: Hold on a second. Last night I read the letter you wrote to the Court back in December. I have to say it isn't a good idea to have this hearing.

Client: What do you mean?

Me: If everything you say is true, this will back fire on you completely. You'll end up with less money.

Client: Well that isn't fair!

Me: You saw the situation from your point of view only. I wished you had called us first and asked if having a hearing was a good idea. I would have suggested leaving things be.

Client: You got to fix it then!

Me: I can't go back in time and stop you from writing that letter.

Client: Well what good are you?

Me: I'm your advisor, but you need to ask for advice first before you act as your own lawyer.

*Once the Judge ruled I was proven right. What a shame. Sometimes I hate being right.*

No comments: