Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We Shall See.

I keep trying to write an inauguration post, but I have a problem. I keep wanting to type some eloquent post expressing my thoughts. Instead I'll just post an email I sent to a friend that isn't eloquent, but cuts to the quick of the matter.


"So, any estimates on how soon the most ardent Obama supporters realize he is merely a man and not Jor-El's only son sent to remake the world, cure cancer, and bring the world a Coke?

I don't have a major problem with the Obama the man but I can't stand most of his supporters. Its a cult of personality and I swear the cult just turns off their collective brain.

Keep in mind, I did vote for him so I'm not a bitter diehard of the losing side expressing these ideas. Both McCain and Obama gave me little bits of what I wanted in a president, a lot of what I didn't want, and it was a narrow victory.

As for Obama as president, I'm willing to give the guy a shot and if and when he screws up I'll complain then."

No comments: