Today is the anniversary of the infamous Blizzard of '78. I think we got 10 inches in less than 12 hours. I just remember A LOT of snow on the ground the following morning and being stuck inside. Tonight we're getting the first wave of two snow storms. I'll admit it is pretty, but we're only looking at 2 or 3 inches for tonight and perhaps another 2 0r 3 inches tomorrow. Of course if the storm travels in a different direction maybe we'll have 10 inches in the morning for all I know.
I can handle snow. Ice is what I fear. I suspect the commute will be longer tomorrow. A good thing I have no hearings tomorrow. At least I filled up my tank with cheap gas this afternoon so if I'm stranded I"ll be fine. Not that I'm anticipating being stranded, but some idiot could always run me off the road. Times like this I miss my old Jeep. Thanks to the Blizzard of '78 my parents bought that big old Jeep. I miss the unstopable nature of the old beast, though I don't miss the 10 miles per gallon on leaded, yes leaded, gas that thing guzzled down.
Anyone else have an old car they miss?
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment