With college football season approach our annual rite of passage appeared today: the draft! Here's how it works. You draw one team from each Division IA (no bloody bowl championship series nonsense) and you can pick an independent (Army, Navy, Notre Dame) or an extra team from a conference as your wildcard pick. Every win a team gets is one point. The person with the most number of points/wins after the bowl games is the winner.
Please note: 2 years ago I won! Last year I was second place in two leagues.
I managed to do some research, but I was never able to scare up 30 precious minutes at lunch to research half a league. Since I'm not home an average of 11 hours a day I didn't have much time to research at home either. Still I managed to get about 2/3 of my predictions down before the draft. Compared to many people that's more research than they do.
*drum roll please*
ACC: North Carolina. Eh okay.
Big 12: Oklahoma St. I think they're okay.
Big East: South Florida. I honestly think the can be 10-2 this year. Maybe.
Big 10: Ohio State. My first round pick. 10-2 at worst and could be undefeated going into the bowl games.
Conference -USA: UTEP. Oh crap! This was a later round pick obviously.
MAC: Kent State. I think they can hit .500 and maybe a little bit more.
Mountain West: Utah. I think 9 or 10 wins is realistic.
PAC 10: Arizona. Is 8-4 realistic this year?
SEC: LSU. 10 wins easy!
Sun Belt: Troy! I wanted Florida Atlantic, but I'm okay with Troy. Everyone moaned as the only two teams worth anything in the conference were gone now.
WAC: New Mexico State. My last pick and oh does it show. I'm hoping for 4 wins and I'm hoping they're better than Utah State or Idaho since those were my other choices at the time.
WILDCARD: Navy. 7 wins for a wildcard isn't bad. Possibly 8 but that's stretching I believe.
Now on Saturdays, Thursdays, and whatever other night ESPN decides to put games on I will be paying attention to conferences I normally don't care about. Why, because they're my teams baby!
Oh I love this time of you! College football is the best sport ever!
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment