Monday, October 01, 2007

Pretraining

I have this job offer. The laptop keys are silent. The printer isn't printing off any resumes. The stamps aren't being used. The email server is not sending anything from me today. It's such a weird change of pace compared to before. I couldn't help it, but I had to check out one website. I saw a few new ads there. Both looked very interesting. Both would be full time positions. Yet I've verbally accepted this one job so I should stick to it.


It'll be a long drive to this job. I decided to do a test drive to see how long it would take and what the traffic would be like in the morning. The rush hour traffic is flowing the other direction, but there are some natural bottlenecks that slow things down. The trip is slightly less than an hour. I don't see any way to significantly reduce that time. Almost as important a question is what quality of radio will I have for such a long drive. I like the local AM station for their traffic reports. Once I get off the interstate I won't care about traffic reports. My fav FM station does surprisingly well through most of the journey until I get right into Small Town. The last five minutes are what a CD player is for!

I'll start reviewing some class notes and PMBR CDs tomorrow. I haven't touched certain areas of law since the bar exam.

No comments: