Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Finally Some Climate Control.

My office is hot. I'm talking jungle hot. The rest of the offices have decent air conditioning. When the temps outside are below 80 my office ends up around Death Valley instead of solar surface temps. All I wanted was a fan.

Sadly those are out of season. Target, Wal-Mart, and a few other big box stores didn't have a medium-sized oscillating fan that would fit on my desk. I guess they're just summer items. On a whim I tried Fry's Electronics. They seem to have plenty of small electric devices, perhaps fans would be one of them. Fans were in the very last row.

I found one that wasn't made of plastic, but metal. For $30 it seems a very nice fan. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Sometimes it is the mundane things that are so important.

No comments: