I haven't worked since mid-June. Needless to say money is tight. When the roommate's rent check comes in I dance an Irish jig for joy. Last year I was working that first job my degree opened up for me. I was scheduled for a night job as well. I decided to work the night job as well. It would only last 4 or 5 weeks and I could use the extra money. Then the day job disappeared through no fault of my own. Stupid non-profits never have good cash flow. I was suddenly very happy to have that night job. It was a good safety line to have some cash coming in.
In a twist of fate I was scheduled to work that same temp night job again starting Thursday night. I'm not certain what hours and days my upcoming new day job will have, but I'm pretty certain I couldn't get to the night job by 5:30. It starts at 5:30 and there is no way around that. They're very draconian in many ways. I admit it: I'm paranoid. Far too many times what I thought would be THE JOB was yanked out from underneath me. Sometimes after the job starts, sometimes before it started. Regardless I'm tired of being yanked around as if I were the chew toy to the fates.
Day job should be my first real start in my legal career. Their funding is secure (relatively speaking) and provided I learn quickly and don't screw things up my job should be secure as well (relatively speaking, security is ultimately a illusion we delude ourselves with). Yet I was very nervous calling the night job to let them know I wouldn't be starting. I explained that I found a new day job and there was no reasonable way I could get to their place by 5:30. All true and the lady congratulated me for my good luck getting the job. The night job doesn't really need me since they have a few hundred of us doing their grunt work. Yet that safety cord felt good to have. I always fear getting screwed over because so far I have been.
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment