He left a message on my cell phone. If a potential employer is calling back to leave a message to call him back it must be good news. Sadly I just got the potential employer's voice mail when I called back. Oh great we're playing phone tag. He was rushed when he called back, but he asked if I was still interested in the job? Naturally I said yes. It isn't as if I have any other offers. He wants me to come in next Friday for paperwork and stuff with my first official day being the following Monday.
Am I happy that I have a job offer? Yes. Am I disappointed that it's merely a part time job and one heck of a commute? Yes. Will I get good experience? Yes. Why do I sound so depressed about such good news? Simple, I've had lots of good news yanked out from me before. Will something go horribly wrong before I start? It's happened before. Will I get started working and then get screwed again in a few weeks? It's happened before. Right now I feel a cautious and weary optimism. If things go well I'll believe it when I see it. Until I start seeing positive things in my life I'm going to be weary though. If this opportunity goes through I intend to make the most of it, but I suspect it'll be a long time before I stop worrying about when the other shoe will drop.
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment