Monday, December 22, 2008

Less Busy = Less Productive?

Work has slowed down a bit. I haven't had too many hearings and except for a smattering next week I don't have any more the rest of the year. Without the rush of hearings you would think I could get tons of work and special projects accomplished.

What was I thinking?

I'm burned out and I know it. My attention wonders all over the place. Even without the pressure of hearings it seems like problems pop up that must be resolved immediately. With staff all over the place taking off personal time it seems like more crap pops up. Less people to deflect incoming garbage is the theory I'm working with. Perhaps I should enjoy the upcoming Christmas holiday. Walk in Monday as recharged as possible and give a big push to end the old year.

I just want those damned files out of my office!

No comments: