I'm not even a baseball fan. Yet if you're familiar with the Chicago Cubs, their history, their fans, their culture, their very frickin' obnoxious yuppie fashionable fans, then this will make sense. So I'll share this with you:
As I was explaining to my neighbor Joe, the beauty of this postseason defeat for the Cubs is that for Cubs fans it ruins next season as well. While they were swept in last year's playoffs, they weren't expected to do much in the post season. This year, they were the team to beat, at least in the NL. Now, even if they win the division going away next year, everyone will be worried about yet another postseason debacle. Cubs fans won't be able to enjoy the regular season success of next year until it is validated by post season success. In other words, the Cubs have already ruined 2009, and the 2008 WorldSeries hasn't even started yet.
A complete thing of beauty.
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment