Monday, December 10, 2007

How Not To Start A Trial.

I hate having a jury trial dumped in my lap with slightly more than 2 weeks notice. Oh great. The last time I did a trial was my trial prep class a few years ago. On the plus side I've been teamed up with a senior attorney. I have help and guidance through this journey. Am I nervous? Hell yes! Do I know what I'm doing? Hell no!

Needless to say I would like to think I would have prepped a few things in the file differently had I been given it earlier. I would like to think I would have gotten some evidence ahead of time. Getting medical records is a pain. Do we need an actual medical witness or can we just use the records? Getting a medical witness around the holiday season is beyond pain. Many doctors love to take long vacations this time of year.

Why the hell did this case not plead? Is there any legitimate reason that will allow me to get a continuance until after the holidays? Bloody hell what are the rules of evidence again? Oh this will be a learning experience, but can I get some justice out of it?

No comments: