It's always good to have dinner with friends in downtown Big City. Working in Small Town is nice, but it has no friggin' culture at all. We left the Irish pub stuffed from Shepard's Pie and beer. Some of us, those without children, decided to head up a few blocks to a martini bar. The cold November air was nice. It made a nice counterpoint to my slightly beered up and warm condition.
Our conversation went something like this:
Friend: So Wolfrham congrats on the job. Does this mean you can arrest people now?
Me: Yeah, one of my special powers is that I CAN ARREST PEOPLE NOW!
About 10 feet in front of us two young black males, age 18-25, stopped what they were doing and looked around. The three of us walked right by.
Me: OMG! Did those two black guys just stop when I said I can arrest people?
Friend: YES! That was pretty cool. You should say that again loudly so we can see what people likely are troublemakers.
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment