Ugh. I feel like I've been hit from 20 different directions for the past few days. My time is not my own. I realized that going in, but to actually live it is a eye opening experience. Random phone calls, random pieces of paper, random extra files just pop out of nowhere. Instead of being paid as an attorney I should be paid as a fireman. I've been putting out lots of fires lately.
For some reason one judge is most unfriendly to the types of cases I handle. Everyone says he's a great judge, but he isn't the most understanding person for certain things. Of course those are the things I handle. Who knew he was a firestarter? Friday he let me know he had a problem with a case. The case didn't have a real problem; it simply ruffled his feathers. I would get one chance to fix the problem. Judicial discretion, what a pain! It took a lot of sleuthing, but I found my victim. I hoped my victim would be cooperative. My victim decided against cooperation. I understood the reasoning. Sometimes you are faced with a no-win scenario so the victim wanted to select the least worst option.
I win some, I lose some. I accept that. I hate losing before the battle begins.
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment