Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Bombs Bursting In Air!

I'm heading to a friend's for the 4th. He and his wife recently built a home in the country. They have 10 acres and a small pond out there. I helped work on their bathrooms during the winter by installing tile. Anyway the invitation said to bring fireworks if you wanted to. Oh really!

It has been forever since I've been in a fireworks store. In Big City there simply isn't any place to fire them off. Big Sky Country on the other hand is a whole lot of empty! I hit the ATM ahead of time. I simply needed some cash. I wasn't even planning on hitting a fireworks store. Then I figured $20 could buy some decent stuff.

American: Celebrate It's Birth By Blowing Stuff Up!

That should be the name of every fireworks store. Buy one: get one free! I don't understand the economics that allow all the freebies, but hey I'll accept it. The dude tried to sell me various things. Some made big boom. Others made big sparks. Some stuff for $5 gives you what $5 will give you. Mortars for $50 sound like fun, but that might be for next year. Anything that advertises 300 rockets is a must buy. Sure they're itty-bitty rockets, but it had 300 of them for $12! At the cash register they GAVE me a 5 pack of bottle rockets and then just tossed in a 4 pack of something when they finished bagging everything. What are they? Who cares it was free!

Now I need to buy a cheap lighter for Friday night :-)

No comments: