The Boss is occasionally a forgetful person. He certainly does things differently than I do, but usually he's a logical and rational person. So I'm befuddled by this problem. We set up with the courts to handle a special project on Fridays this month. At least that's what I thought. I'm checking the calendar for this month and it seems the courts got a late start and started the scheduling towards the end of the month. Okay fine. I guess our project will go into September. I'll have to check into that later, but I kept things off my calendar for this month.
Boss: Wow we're busy the last Friday.
Me: I had assumed we would be busy on every Friday. I guess the courts needed a little more time.
Boss: Did you schedule any administrative hearings on that day.
Me: I didn't schedule any hearings because I thought we would be busy the entire month.
Boss: Uh-oh I think I scheduled 5 admin hearings on that Friday.
Me: You're joking right?
Boss: Checks his calendar. Yep I scheduled 5 for that Friday.
I don't know which is worse. The Boss scheduled ANYTHING on a Friday that we knew ahead of time was supposed to be for our project. Or is it worse he scheduled 5 admin hearings when 3 in a day is exhausting! My clerk asked me if the Boss thought that scheduling 5 hearings would result in 2 complete hearings because we always have people missing. I don't know, but that means once again I'm shouldering the load alone on a busy day.
It is bad enough I do the work of 2 people because we need at least another person, but when I'm doing my boss's job as well I get peeved. It seems like I cover him A LOT more than he covers me.
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment