Forbes has a list of the Top 25 Best Paid jobs and a list of the Top 25 Worst Paid jobs. At Number 16 for the best paid are lawyers! Supposedly lawyers have an average annual pay of $124,750 with 553,690 "employees in the field."
Okay, I have a good math background so I know how averages are calculated. I know I've been in the real world practicing law for less than 2 years now. (We're not going to get into how long it took to even find the job I'm working.) So I realize I should still be in that entry level starting salary phase. But I am nowhere near that average salary.
I have to wonder if the few lawyers who are into those big class action lawsuits and get a third if they win are skewing the average up to 6 figures. How many lawyers getting 500 million dollar settlements can skew my underpaid public sector salary to result in a $124,750 AVERAGE salary for my profession?
I'm either in the wrong field or I'm just a sucky lawyer.
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment