Saturday, February 16, 2008

I Knew It Was Too Good To Be True!

I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've been insanely busy with work. The hour commute to Small Town doesn't help. The weekends I've either been out of town or sick. It's just been a busy time. Very few hours aren't committed to something.



I also had one other distraction. We started to date a few years ago, then she gave me the let's just be friends speech. I decided I wanted nothing to do with her and that was that. Back in January I restarted my online personal ad. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do that, but I figured why not. She responded to my ad again. She said she thought of me the past 2 years and was curious if I wanted to reply.



We had some fun. We had a lot in common. I was patient with her slow get to know you process. The truth is she was awesome and I was pissed when suddenly she changed course and game me the let's be friends speech. I replied to her email.



We've meet a few times during the weeknights. Long enough to have a meal or do a quick activity. However she's a early to bed person so she started turning into a pumpkin around 8:30. Fair enough since everyone had to work the next mornings. I wasn't feeling any chemistry or vibes but she had such a weird style I wasn't sure if I should be concerned by that.

At this point we've gone out a few times in a month, but I'm no closer to figuring out what she wants. Is she wanting to be friends first and see if I'm "the one" or is this her slow steady style again. Of course she could just want me as a friend period. I finally just asked her. Nope she wants me just as a friend. "Couldn't you tell?" Given her screwy slow system and whatever weirdo rules involved in dating now, honestly no.

At least I have certainty. I know I don't really need to invest any energy into her. I just wish I wasn't a friend. She's way too great to be a friend. Cie la vie indeed. I knew it was too early to get back into the dating scene. Too much chaos at work, too much time involved there, and too much VISA debt. Yeah this sucks no matter what.

No comments: