Sunday, February 03, 2008

I Didn't Mean To Be Dead!

I'm doing insane hours to try to tidy up my job and try to have a head up on the new position. I want my old files to be as done as possible so no one has to touch them for a bit. Part time my ass! Whatever sickness I had I passed onto the Fabulously Gay Roommate. He's call in dead since Monday afternoon. Everyone seems to have this death germ.

Somehow I got the death germ back. Thursday I was so nonfunctional I simply slept once I got home. I thought I was better Friday morning, but the long drive down to Small Town proved me wrong. I was dying. I had fever and chills, along with a wonderful cough. I wanted to last until my one afternoon hearing, but I couldn't make it that far. I left before lunch and wanted to die.

My goal the past few days has been to sleep or rest as much as possible and to do as little work as possible. Given how crappy I felt this was an easy plan to do. I even found The Black Hole on tv. Oh dear that movie sucks once you account for all the scientific inaccuracies. I didn't believe it was possible to get tired doing nothing, but I needed a nap after that movie.

I think I turned the corner today, but I'm still going to rest as much as possible. I want to watch the SuperBowl and pray for a Giants victory over the evil Patriots. At least I'm able to eat solid food again. I want to know how the human body can produce gas with so little solid matter breaking down my intestines. Sounds like a job for the Mythbusters.

No comments: