Wednesday, January 09, 2008

You Are The Reason These Things Never Work.

A No-Contact Order means NO FRIGGIN' CONTACT between the two parties. The problem is they're only one way contracts really. "Man shall not have contact with woman." What it really needs to say is, "You two need to stay away from each other. Period! Don't be weak and invite him back into your life."

I thought I had some leverage. The scumbag already had one case so I'm happy to see Invasion Of Privacy by violating a No Contact Order. Of course, some facts don't make it into the police report.

1. She invited him back into the apartment a few weeks ago.
2. They got into a verbal argument. I admit that's an improvement. No fists were involved this time.
3. Suddenly she realizes she has a No-Contact Order against him and the police can be called.

Sometimes victims are their own worse enemy. Sometimes victims know how to play the system. Sometimes victims leave out inconvenient facts when they talk with me. I don't mind a judge berating some bitch who wants to have it both ways. I do mind being yelled at for something that isn't my fault and I have no control over.

I'm not taking it personally, but I'm not happy about it either.

No comments: