Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Years

2007: the year that was.

Underemployed or unemployed for the vast majority of it. Quite frankly I was about to give up hope. My job hunt wasn't producing results at all. Even after putting the career consultant's fee onto my VISA I still seemed to have nothing but back luck. Living on $150 at a time on small jobs just wasn't working.

October I finally get a break and a job offer. It's a very imperfect job, but at least it's in my field. It's a good resume builder job. The pay sucks, but at least I won't slip any further in debt. The last few months have been hell just learning my job. I fear I've forgotten so much of my legal education. At least I'm learning something useful.

With luck 2008 will be the year I get to put my life back together. This is the first New Years where I have a hopeful outlook. It isn't based on a prayer that things have to get better, but the fact that finally some things are going my way.

2008: cautiously optimistic.

No comments: