Thursday, August 26, 2010

If I Ever Get To Call In The Chips The Boss Is Screwed.

Me: pulled all of today's files last night, prepped them all and made photocopies of exhibits to hand out to lawyers and pro-se litigants. Left the office at 7 p.m., but was mostly, though not completely, ready for today. Arrived at work at 7:55 a.m. this morning.

Boss: Left work around 4:30ish. Walked in through the front door with me this morning. Scrambled to pull files this morning and prep them for the hearings after my initial round of hearings. Boss was highly agitated at having to wing some things. Worked through lunch and still hadn't prepped all the files for this afternoon. Asked me to handle 2 hearings of his that started after lunch.

I did his two files, then mine, and at that point he brought everything else down for the rest of the afternoon. If it wasn't for the judge wanting to move through all the hearings I wish I could have told the boss, "Not my fault you didn't get ready for this busy day!"

Where I got frantic was when I had to cover the Boss I suddenly didn't have time to do the last minute things that needed to be done. Suddenly the laziness of my boss was interfering with what I needed to do!

As the court bailiff noted, my part of the day went smoothly, other parts weren't as smooth.

No comments: