It isn't a real home improvement project until you've spilled some blood. The sharp metal edge of a tape measure nicked my figure and produced the requisite blood cells. That's the reason I've barely been on here in July, a home improvement project that just won't quit!
I honestly thought it would be a four day project. Instead it has taken 3 full weekends in July and most of the nights after work. A buddy of mine is helping me, but that means I have to go to his place since that is where all his tools are. He donated some lumber and also has an air conditioned garage so his place as the construction zone made sense.
Before my buddy left on vacation Friday night we had the job 95% finished. All I had to do was paint some things. I even went over there today as I have a key to the garage. Between my project and his project the garage is stuffed! I took the pieces outside so I could paint, but the clouds let loose with a light drizzle. Paint and drizzle don't mix well. This is why the project is approaching 4 weeks in length: little problems that just pop up!
Oh well I was hoping to enjoy the weekend a bit, but it looks like I'll spend a full day in someone else's garage working on my project.
Ford shoots down latest rumor of a Fiesta RS
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment