Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Why Did I Go In Today?

I hate working on a holiday. I'll rephrase that. I've worked numerous holidays, but I hate working holidays that I am supposed to get as an employee. 5 hours on Veteran's Day and I feel like I barely accomplished anything. I am so swamped. Our office is so swamped. What makes it worse is that I'm not at 100%. I'm tired. I get distracted easily and can't focus for long periods of time. I simply can't work on things for long periods of time. I can get files ready for hearings, but writing all the paperwork takes forever.

I can't work late every night. I lack the energy. In theory I can come in on weekends, but between attending football games on Saturdays and simply getting personal things done on Sundays I haven't had "free" weekends to head into the office. I'm burned out and I know it. I have no idea how to resolve the situation.

Speaking of Veteran's Day. Thank a vet. Their sacrifices allowed you to be here.

No comments: