Sunday, May 13, 2007

Finally Treated Like A Bigshot

Now this is more like it. She found my resume online. She gave me a call. It was a freakishly weird job, but so cool. I would be an attorney deployed overseas for at least a year. The amount of money in the salary would rival my classmates who graduated near the top of the class and were working BIGLAW jobs. Plus when you work overseas you don't pay federal income tax. Did I mention they would pay for lodging and a rental car? I could pay off my credit card and law school loans in that time. The job would be a dream come true on so many levels. It would be something I truly loved to do. The adventure of my lifetime.

She flew me out to North Carolina. She paid for the hotel. She interviewed me over a very long lunch that she paid for. I've only heard of stories like this. I never figured it would apply to me. It felt good :-) I thought I did okay in the interview. Only 2 other candidates are being interviewed. I like 1 in 3 odds. I think I'll finally win one.

No comments: